We are looking for multiple Data Consultants to join us in building a better tomorrow together with the best talent in data!
At Solita Sweden, we are building the data company of tomorrow. Our cozy offices are centrally located both in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö.
As a data consultant at Solita, you can work in several different data roles. Our talent pool includes (at least) the following skills:
- Data platform building, data warehousing and IoT. We help our customers make the most of the business opportunities in data and to also modernise by moving data warehousing to the cloud, for example. We always choose the technologies that best serve the customer’s needs. New projects are almost always built into the cloud with Snowflake, AWS, Azure or Google Cloud solutions. An an example, see our projects for YIT, Fingrid and Finavia.
- Data architecture from a technical and business standpoint. We help our customers truly identify the needs of their business and choose the most suitable technologies for their needs so we can design the solution to implement together. As an example, see our data catalogue project for Finnair.
- Data visualisation. Our data visualisation consultants work in both specification and implementation projects, as well as trainers, who help our customers operate and utilise their current systems. In most projects, we use Tableau and Power BI, and our team is also capable of using a wide range of other tools. You can read more about our solution for Amer Sports.
- Master data management. High-quality source data is always the foundation for exploiting and refining data. Our MDM consultants can use Semarchy, Microsoft MDS and more to realise the needs of customers. As an example, see our work for Fortum!
We have also developed our own product, the Agile Data Engine, to help automate many data processing steps previously done by hand.
What is a typical workday for a Solita data consultant?
As someone who constantly works with customers, there is probably no such thing as a typical day. Situations often vary even within a single customer project, but there are some common and connecting factors. One of them is the fact that our projects almost always involve a Solita team. This means you will have colleagues from Solita with you in a project, often equipped with various skills: quite regularly we will have data engineers and an architect working on the same project, as well as data visualisation and data science specialists, for example. Routine and customer work are an excellent time to learn and improve.
We have worked with data for over 15 years and today we employ over 200 data specialists.
How can Solita employees develop their skills?
We believe – know, in fact – that our consultants learn the most from customer projects and daily work. Therefore, we heavily emphasise assigning people to enjoyable customer projects (see the previous section). There are of course many other ways to learn and improve. As a consultancy firm, our customers expect our skills to be the best in the industry, and we have invested much to provide our employees with excellent opportunities to build their skills.
One way to learn new things is to get certified, and our data consultants are constantly getting certificates related to AWS, Microsoft products, Data Vault, Data Bricks and more. Naturally, certification is included in working hours and we regularly hold “joint starts” aimed at certification where colleagues motivate one another and study new things together.
Our relaxed specialist communities also offer a great avenue for learning about a technology or theme together with similarly interested colleagues. All Solita employees are welcome to brief their colleagues on topics that are important to them.
The skills we are looking for in our future colleague
- We appreciate it if your skillset includes some of the following: data modeling, data warehousing, databases (SQL/NoSQL) and ETL/ELT.
- You are able to, or willing to learn how to, handle data fluidly (parse, transfer, store, edit) and build data pipelines
- You have solid skills in some programming languages – preferably in Python, R or Java.
- You will make us very happy if you also have a grasp of cloud service architecture and can comprehensively apply cloud service provider offerings (AWS, Azure, etc.) to meet the customer's business needs.
- It's a big advantage if you are familiar with software development practices, e.g. version control and CI/CD.
- You have the technical expertise to personally execute the solutions you design. Here at Solita, our Data Engineers are working mostly in hands-on projects.
Examples of our data, AI, and analytics projects
- For Amer Sports, we built a unique data platform. We designed and implemented a platform that combines customer and sales data. The technologies used were Microsoft Power BI and the Azure cloud. The data platform produces forecasts that allow production and the logistics chain to be optimized to meet demand with an accuracy of 90 percent, resulting in annual savings in materials that are up to tens of millions of euros.
- For DNA, we created a top-class artificial intelligence to predict customer needs. The AI is based in the cloud and driven by data science and open-source code. This ultimate data platform allowed the customer to replace isolated data silos and analytics projects with a unified solution. The data platform won the Best Data Use category of the Grand One 2017 competition.
Got interested? Let's have a chat!
Tell us about yourself and your background in your own words. We want to hear from you and figure out together what works best for us both. Apply via the Apply here -button below.
There will be two rounds of interviews where you can meet your potential new team members. You will also be given the opportunity to prove your skills with a small exercise, and we will provide constructive feedback on the results.