Our Data Architects share a common base of expertise which focuses on understanding data solution building blocks. On top of that we design solutions based on our customer needs and balance between using best practices from industry and tailor-made solutions for each unique need. Data architects know both sides and can make conscious decisions while designing solutions.
Our Data Architects work in different roles:
- Technical Data Architect is a seasoned hands-on person, whose major part of work is to act as a Lead Developer in an agreed context.
- Solution Data Architect is responsible for visioning the target solution architecture and leading the team to that direction.
- Data Business Architect is a technical person who is fluent in understanding organizational data problems and using consultative methods to find solid technical solutions to these problems. A Data Business Architect can work in pre-sales or in consultative customer assignments.
As a Data Architect, you have a possibility of fine-tuning your orientation based on your interest and skills.
What does a Data Architect do in everyday life at Solita?
Here are some examples:
- Participate in solution design meetings with customer to discuss and understand the target solution state
- Understand the data and model it to a way it can be used in the relevant analytical or operational ways
- Communicate architecture-level solutions for both business decision-makers and the implementing experts in an understandable way
- Participate actively in development teams efforts by helping to solve problems and to see that the solution is going in to the right direction
- Act as a mentor for other colleagues when needed
What we’re looking for in a candidate?
An ideal candidate has:
- Different kind of platform understanding: cloud, on-premise, hybrid solutions
- Ability to design technical solutions that incorporate data modeling and integrations, data warehouses and cloud-based data pipelines
- Knowledge of data modeling, data warehousing, streaming, databases (SQL/NoSQL), ETL/ELT, etc.
- Hands-on experience in solution development
- Ability to handle data fluidly (parse, transfer, store, edit) and build data pipelines in suitable language, e.g. Python or SQL
- Knowledge of software development practices, e.g. version control and CI/CD
- Willingness to work on hands-on projects
We understand that no one knows everything. And learning new things is fun for most of us! That’s why we are ready to plan with you how to fill the possible identified gaps in an agreed manner.
Solita´s data projects are very versatile and currently we are having more than 30 Data Architects. Our culture emphasizes knowledge sharing and you can expect to have support from people who already have worked with similar cases. We do our best in finding challenging and interesting projects for you based on your interests. Our values are caring, easy-going, courage and passion. Our employees have chosen those themselves, and we can see and feel value-based actions and decisions every day.
You have a freedom to work either in our offices, remotely across Finland or in our customers’ premises – which option suits best at a given time.
Want to talk with us?
Whenever there comes a time for new career opportunities and this might be something for you, please contact us and let's talk. You may chat with our Recruiter Anu in LinkedIn or send her an e-mail: anu.paivinen (at) solita.fi