We can affect people’s everyday lives with the work that we do together here at Solita. In addition to interesting projects, we want to ensure that Solitans have a balance between work and free time. Want to join our diverse community?Apply
We are looking for Software Architects to work with us in Helsinki, Lahti, Tampere, Turku, or Oulu, as well as in our light offices (Jyväskylä, Pori, Kuopio, Joensuu), and in some cases completely remotely in other locations within Finland. What is it that we’re looking for now? Passionate people who want to work in meaningful projects and help others around them shine!
We are developing solutions for both private and public sector customers. We don’t have customers from any specific business area, as we concentrate on having varied projects that are meaningful. This can mean that we have an impact on how we help users find more convenient routes, we get to use the newest technologies or we handle a global pandemic. Solita's projects are a combination of dev, data, cloud, and service design. The diversity of our projects also gives opportunities for continuous learning and rotation.
Possibilities are endless
Creating opportunities for developing your skills really is in the core of working at Solita, no matter how senior you already may be. When you arrive at Solita, the role that you first start with won’t be the only one you’ll have on your journey with us. For example, one of our Software Architects Heikki describes his past five years like this:
“I’ve worked at Solita for five years now. During that time I’ve worked with two different clients, in various projects. The work that we do is so versatile that it allows constant learning no matter how senior you already are. The project team has a big impact on what technologies we use in different situations. During my time at Solita, I have deepened my knowledge for example with Java, Clojure, Typescript / Node.js
What’s the best thing about working at Solita for me? I would say it’s learning from others, and getting to do very diverse tasks, such as coding, job interviews, participating in book clubs / study groups etc.- whatever interests me the most!”
Some things we offer for you
- We have Solita Growth Academy to support your continuous learning. This offers you for example in-house learning paths and O’Reilly licenses.
- We also have great possibilities to learn from our info sessions, code coffees, mentor programs, and continuous possibilities to learn from each other in customer work. By cherishing continuous learning we make sure that we have interesting projects for the future, and also possibilities for project rotations. After all, all we have is our people.
- You have an effect on the technologies and methodologies we use in projects.
- Human-centric work environment where people take care of each other.
- We want to ensure you have a good balance between work and free time. That’s what our employees see as one of the biggest benefits at Solita.
- Great benefits – such as choosing your own devices (you can freely choose PC laptop with Windows/Linux or Apple laptop, and the phone you like), massages to relax during your workdays, In-house coach to support your mental well-being, many hobby clubs, gyms (Hki and Tre), sports / culture and lunch benefit, extensive occupational healthcare and many more!
These qualities help you to succeed in this position
- You help but also challenge the customer to solve the right problems, aiming to create maximal value to the customer through our work
- You have the ability to work as an architect who defines the base of projects.
- You are interested in creating software with a long and sustainable life cycle.
- You are eager to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- You have gathered strong experience in working with for example Java, Kotlin, Clojure, or Node.js, etc.
- You also have some experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Google Cloud or Azure) – and you will definitely learn more with us!
- Currently some of our projects require knowledge of the Finnish language
Have a look at some of our tech talks from Core 2021 event and check out our dev-blog too!
Let's talk more
We want to hear from you and figure out together what works best for us both. Tell us about yourself and your background in your own words.
Our recruitment consists of two rounds of interviews where you will meet our team and learn more about working at Solita. You will be given the opportunity to show your skills and ask us questions. The purpose is to get to know each other better.
Any thoughts or questions, please reach out to dev-recruiter Mirka / [email protected] / 0407258194