At Solita Data Science & AI community, we support our clients during their whole AI journey – from the very beginning of ideation all the way to scaling the utilization of AI across the organisation. We also take a holistic view to business problems, and see that in addition to technical skills, for instance consulting skills and design thinking methods are crucial to identify the problems worth solving, and how best to solve them. In cross-disciplinary teams we develop solutions that harness the potential of AI & machine learning technologies, generate value for the end users, and deliver sustainable business impact for the client.
What would it be like?
As a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer, the core of your work is to create the best possible conditions for utilizing machine learning models and algorithms in the daily lives of our customers. As an ML Engineer, you design and build production-grade solutions and platforms where machine learning models are run e.g. utilizing the capacity and services offered by cloud vendors and automating manual work steps as much as possible. In addition to ML Architects, your closest colleagues are our Data Scientists, who are in-depth experts in model building and algorithmics.
We want to work with our customers to implement solutions that actually end up in use, thus providing real added value for our customers and end users. No matter how excellent the machine learning model, no one is happy about it if its results are hard to interpret or complicated to use. As a Machine Learning Engineer you help our customers together with your colleagues get the most out of machine learning & AI.
What we’re looking for?
- You have experience from developing production-ready and robust ML and AI systems (including MLOps) together with, for example, Data Scientists
- You could also have a long background in software development & devops and passion for data science projects or be a Full-stack Data Scientists with solid programming and devops skills and experience from designing & building production-grade ML solutions
- You have strong programming skills – we usually code with Python, but also Java or C# experience, for example, provides excellent basis for success
- You regularly utilize CI/CD and DevOps methods and tools such as Docker, Terraform, etc.
- You have hands-on experience with either Azure, Google Cloud Services or AWS
- Experience in or strong interest to learn relevant technologies and tools, such as MLFlow, Kubeflow, Seldon, Sagemaker, Databricks, etc.
- It’s also positive, if you have experience regarding NLP, LLMs and/or generative AI.
We expect technological know-how from a Machine Learning Engineer, but you don't have to know everything. You get to learn new technologies with us. In addition to tech know-how, we value experience in project work and consulting in the customer interface. What matters most is your desire to grow your know-how along with the ever-developing IT industry.
What is Solita like as an employer?
Solita is an IT consulting company with Finnish roots, and we also have offices in Europe. Our consultants work with Finnish and international projects.
Our values are caring, easy-going, courage and passion. Our employees have chosen those themselves, and maybe that's why we can see and feel value-based actions every day. Here are a few examples:
Caring: Our culture has been created in a way that you can easily get support in difficult situations from the entire work community, not just from your own project team
Easy-going: Even though we are already quite a large company, the atmosphere is cosy and relaxed, and the hierarchy is low.
Courage: We build genuine partnerships with our customers. This sometimes requires courage to disagree with the customer and say it out loud as well.
Passion: At Solita, work is done with great passion, but having fun at the same time. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work.
Let's find out together whether we could find the next opportunity in your career with Solita! Send us your CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile and we will be in touch with you soon. If you want to tell us more about your wishes for the next career opportunity, you may write an application letter too.
You may easily contact us via LinkedIn: Mikael Ruohonen (Business Lead – Data Science, AI and Analytics) or Suvi Ohtonen (Talent Acquisition Manager). If you prefer e-mail, our email addresses are of the form firstname.lastname (at) solita.fi.