The rising awareness of data governance is driven by the need for actionable use of data in all business processes, compliance and regulatory demands as well as technological advances at a large scale. Companies seeking growth, digitalisation and increased efficiency, will face tough times reaching these targets without proper data governance in place.
In this Solita Talks on Thursday, March 10, 2022, at 10.00-11.00 EET, we dive deeper into the world of data governance. Event will be opened by Erik Wide from Solita, followed by Säde Haveri from UPM, who will share her story on how data governance can empower business.
“There is an ongoing transition from traditional IT lead data initiatives to business lead data initiatives. Traditionally IT will answer questions and is responsible for data, but the responsibility is quickly shifting to business. This shift is not possible without clear data ownership and data governance processes,” says Säde Haveri, UPM’s Lead Information Architect.
Our panel of experts will then take on the interesting task of discussing how data governance can increase the value of your company by answering questions such as:
- Why is effective Data Governance getting increasingly important?
- How can a Data Governance model be designed to fit the needs of a company?
- How to know what data is of true value to a company?
- What are the key capabilities that tools and technology bring for effective Data Governance?
- 10:00-10:05 Opening of event: Erik Wide, Account Director, Solita
- 10:05-10:25 Empowering Business with Data Governance, Säde Haveri, Lead Information Architect, UPM
- 10:25-10:55 Panel discussion: Data Governance – increase the value of your company
- 10:55-11:00 Closing words
Jimmy Renström, CIO, Stockholm Exergi
Jakob Brandel, Director Sales Engineering, Nordics and Benelux, Snowflake
Cecilia Hellstadius, Management Consultant, Solita
Lasse Girs, Data Business Designer, Solita
Erik Wide, Account Director, Solita