Strategic Data Management: Data Mesh meets MDM.
Enabling data mesh through master data management and data as a product.
How to design and architect a modern and scalable distributed ecosystem (a data mesh) built on consolidated MDM data products?
In this session on 10.2.2022 at 10.00 – 11.00 EET, we will first clarify the concept of data as a product. We will then present in practice how traditional master data management (MDM) is ‘just another’ set of data products enabling a modern distributed data management approach. Finally, we will share our views on why an API strategy is a key enabler for making this all work.
You will learn:
- Why and how data as a product is different to data (as an) asset
- The traditional context of master data management (MDM) and data consolidation
- Why MDM is still relevant and business critical in a modern, distributed data mesh
- Why an API strategy is essential and how it enables the delivery of data products (like MDM)
This is the second part of Solita’s Strategic data management webinar series.
Agenda 10.2.2022 at 10.00 – 11.00 EET
Host: Lasse Girs
Data as product vs. data as an asset
- Accelerating value delivery from data by changing how you think and collaborate
-Business Designer, Christian Niku
The role of Master Data Management in Data Mesh
- How good ol’ Master Data Management enable a modern data mesh architecture in building quality data products
-MDM Lead & Information architect, Kimmo Sipilä
How API strategy enable data product creation
- Best practices for designing a scalable API architecture
-API Consultant, Sauli Kukkonen
Meet our experts:
Lasse Girs is a Data Business Designer at Solita. Lasse has worked in and with some of the largest companies in the world, helping them become data-driven. His sweet spot is at the intersection between business, data and technology, finding the opportunities that create most value for organizations and their customers. He’s also the host of Data by the Slice podcast.
Christian Niku is a Business Designer at Solita. Christian has worked as a management consultant for 11 years, focused on capturing business value in large B2B companies. He holds wide hands-on experience in data solutions, information architecture, data governance and data program management.
Kimmo Sipilä is a MDM Lead & Information architect at Solita. Kimmo has been helping Solita’s big clients to drill value from data over a decade. He excels at understanding business objectives and turning them into plans ready for agile implementation – start small but think big!
Sauli Kukkonen is a API Consultant at Solita. Sauli has worked in ICT over 17 years in consultancy and different product projects in multiple roles. He has wide experience in API solutions, API architecture, DevOps methodology and software QA.WATCH THE RECORDING