Senior Design Consultant
We are now looking for a Senior Business Designer in Germanyto join our fairly new team in a start-up style atmosphere with Nordic based work culture. We have brand new offices in Munich, Berlin and Ghent (yeah just that!), and have a hybrid work model, tailored to your needs.Apply
Solita is a digital transformation company driven by data and human insight. We have more than 1600 highly skilled specialists in the fields of software development, data, cloud and design.Design & Strategy is one of Solita’s four areas of expertise. In total, we have more than 150 designers with a wide background from anthropologists and UX/UI designers to AI designers and strategists. In Solita, you will be part of a team that is courageous and passionate, but at the same time easy-going.
At Solita Design and Strategy, we support our clients during their whole transformation journey – from the very beginning of framing the problem ideation all the way to scaling the solutions and competences in the organization. We take a holistic view to business problems, and see that in addition to technical skills, for design thinking methods and human behavioral insight are crucial to identify the problems worth solving, and how best to solve them. We develop solutions and services that generate value in the ecosystem, and deliver sustainable business impact for the client.
As a Senior Business Designer you will:
- work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team of human insight experts, designers, business experts, data, development and cloud professional to create holistic impact
- coach and upskill your technical colleagues on human-centricity, design thinking and business design.
- break down larger concepts or challenges into smaller testable parts that can be iterated through prototyping, co-design and experimentation
- translate human insight into a form that is clear and actionable and visual, and can be utilised to boost ideation and create value in our client’s organisation
- utilise human-centric system thinking methodology like ecosystem and value steam maps, and service blueprints to create visions, solutions and roadmaps that help guide teams and stakeholders to make/understand key decisions and provide direction.
- gather insight on root causes to understand and clarify the problem we are solving
- formulate visions, goals and metrics frameworks that support the our client’s reaching iteratively the impact they want to
- take an active role in new business pitches and support the multidisciplinary offering of Solita.
What do we wish for you to have?
- You have at least 5y experience in one or more of the following: Service design, business design or strategic design.
- Dimensions of thinking and flexibility. Agile and experiment-driven mindset mindset.
- Comfortable with a high level of autonomy.
- Ability to structure and work on complex issues both independently and in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team.
- Track record in making ideas real and tangible, from insight to concepts to execution roadmaps
- Experience in using frameworks for setting and measuring goals in design context
- You know how to use prototyping to make topics such as business models, value propositions, architecture or behavioral change tangible
- You know the basics of assessing the impact of potential solutions on the environment, society and governance (ESG framework)
- You are fluent in German and English
We believe in autonomous way of working; you have the freedom to choose what you do and the responsibility to get it done. You will have an influence on how Solita develops as a company.
This is what our people have said:
“People are very open-minded and straightforward. There is a will to improve, provide new solutions and grow together. I also think we can be more successful when we can be authentic, and felt from day one that I can be myself at the office.” – Linda Moll, Consultant
“People get to work with really interesting projects, and it doesn’t require previous experience in the area. You can try new things and direct your learning based on your interests, instead of getting stuck in specific expertise. You are not left alone, since there are always more experienced co-workers guiding you.” – Anaïs Renson, Data Architect
“What most inspires me in my work is seeing the impact of what we do. It’s not only about our clients´ business goals, but often there is a wider contribution to society or the environment.” – Lauri Kieksi, Service Designer
We value your skills, but we are also interested in you as a person. Send us your CV and informal application, and tell us what you are good at and what is your motivation for applying for this position.
Let’s discuss & get to know each other!