Senior Data Architect
Would you like to build data solutions utilizing modern cloud technologies and be among the first to see the impact of what a modern data platform in the cloud can bring? Join a community of over 1000 tech consultants across Europe to create impact that lasts.Apply
Solita serves the needs of companies’ digitisation on a large scale in areas such as software development, cloud and integration services, data analytics, service design and consulting. Our customers, usually large international corporations, come from various industries (telecom, retail, logistics, banking etc.). Read more about our work here.
As we are growing, we are looking for a Senior Data Architect to join our team in Estonia and help us build modern data solutions.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED:
- You will map the current situation and outline future goals. You will describe to our customers the business opportunities ahead and how they can capitalize on these opportunities, in particular from the perspective of data and analytics.
- Your job is to design technical solutions that incorporate data modeling and integrations, data warehouses and cloud-based data pipelines and to implement them with a team.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- You can map out architecture-level solutions for both business decision-makers and the implementing experts in an understandable way.
- You have the technical expertise to personally execute the solutions you design.
- We hope to see the following in your toolkit: data modeling, data warehousing, databases (SQL/NoSQL) and ETL/ELT.
- You will make us very happy if you are familiar with cloud service architecture and big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Kafka), and can comprehensively apply cloud service provider offerings (AWS, Azure, etc.) to meet the customer’s business needs.
- You are able to handle data fluidly (parse, transfer, store, edit) and build data pipelines in some programming language, e.g. Python, R or Java.
- You are familiar with software development practices, e.g. version control and CI/CD.
- Great analytical mindset with excellent communication skills
- Language skills: fluency in English (Estonian and/or Finnish are a big plus)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible working hours and a lot of freedom to organise your own work
- Sports support covering a wide range of sporting activities and events, massage, yoga and swimming pool tickets, as well as a wide variety of hobby clubs
- Private health insurance and sickness benefit from day one
- Fun social events
- You get to choose your own equipment – Windows, Linux and Apple laptops, and a phone of your choice
- Time that is allocated specifically for your professional development through trainings
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Competent and easy-going community of experts to support your professional growth
- Work environment that breathes freedom as well as responsibility and where you can fulfil your true potential
- Caring and diversely talented colleagues who will be there for you every step on the way
- We want to make sure you have a good work-life balance. That's what our employees see as one of Solita's greatest assets
Solita is a workplace where you will always find a more knowledgeable, multi-disciplinary peer to spar with. People join us to become a part of a diverse community of experienced professionals and continuous learners. And people stay for the same reason. At Solita, you will find an easy-going work culture where you can be yourself no matter who you are.
We believe the diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world so we are open for candidates willing to relocate to Estonia.
Send us your CV and tell us a little about yourself and your background in your own words. We want to hear from you and figure out together what works best for us both.
Would you like to know what it's really like, working in Solita? Saku summarises it in 57 seconds here.
Please note that the location for this role is in Estonia. We do support a hybrid way of working but we do not offer fully remote positions.