We at Solita’s Cloud Platforms are looking for Platform Engineers to join our growing Cloud community. You will be working as a part of a project team in varying client projects. Our customers include organisations from both the public and private sector, such as Terveystalo, Savings Bank Group, Finnish Parliament and Fintraffic to name a few.
Platform Engineering is a new emerging technology approach that helps businesses to accelerate application delivery and the speed at which applications are developed. This is achieved by providing application development teams with reusable components, self-service, standardised platform services, and tools.
Platform Engineering is expected to put DevOps into practice in an approachable and pragmatic way.
Our aim at Solita is to improve the developer experience and productivity by developing self-service capabilities, automated cloud infrastructure deployments and automated operations. This again will help our customers to accelerate delivery of applications and the speed at which applications produce business value – and all this by keeping Cloud compliant, secure and governed!
Your daily tasks will include for example developing shareable IaC modules with Terraform or TypeScript, developing automation and monitoring, understanding developer needs against cloud and specifying new cloud projects as well as troubleshooting problems in different situations. We expect that you are able to manage Cloud and infrastructure using software development methods that utilize CI/CD.
At Solita, we have a dedicated team to manage Continuous Services, so our project team professionals can focus on their project work. Our professionals benefit from having a dedicated Project Manager for their projects, which makes their daily work easier.
Work weeks are variable and you can influence the content of your work.Also you may choose where you want to work from.
You will be surrounded by top-level professionals, and we prioritize continuous development, as evidenced by our AWS MSP, Microsoft Azure Expert MSP and GCP Infrastructure specialization. We have been recognized with the AWS Migration Competency award, the first in the Nordic countries. In addition to customer projects, your skills will develop through our learning paths, briefings, and other official channels, but knowledge is also actively exchanged within the team. This is an incredible place for even the most experienced workers to learn! There is plenty of work and challenges, and colleagues always surprise with their skills.
Besides technical skills, you need fluent Finnish and English skills and excellent communication skills because every expert collaborates with other Cloud team members, developers, internal and external stakeholders and clients. People are the foundation of everything we do. Within Cloud, there is a strong team spirit and a positive “culture of openness.” Team leaders and project managers are interested in your well-being and enable a peaceful working environment for your projects.
What do our Cloud professionals value?
- Choose where you work from – at the office, hybrid or completely remote.
- Work with people smarter than you. We take pride in our expertise and community.
- Our project teams have 2-5 Solitan members. More senior experts also get to guide technical work.
- Psychological safety. Home-teams are kept small and our People Leads have time for each member of the team.
- We aim for continuous development. Develop your expertise in Solita Growth Academy and share your knowledge within the team.
What we offer for you:
- Possibility to grow and widen your knowledge in new areas that are interesting for you. We have a great variety of versatile learning paths for the future and we put a lot of effort in supporting learning.
- You don’t have to stick with the same role year after year. We have a good rotation model and many Solitans have worked in multiple roles during their Solita career.
- Human-centric work environment where people take care of each other.
- We want to ensure you have a good balance between work and free time. That’s what our employees see as one of the biggest benefits at Solita.
- Great benefits – such as choosing your own devices (you can freely choose PC laptop with Windows/Linux or Apple laptop, and the phone you like), massages to relax during your workdays, In-house coach to support your mental well-being, many hobby clubs, gyms (Hki and Tre), sports / culture and lunch benefit, extensive occupational healthcare and many more!
We offer a lot of freedom and responsibility for carrying out your work. Informality, courage, caring, and enthusiasm are visible in our operations, and our growth strategy is heavily based on these values in the future as well. You won't have to choose between a career and family life, and we offer comprehensive support to make your life easier.
Want to hear more?
Please leave us your contact information below. During our recruitment process you will have the chance to discuss with our People Leads and possible future colleagues.