Senior Azure Architect/Engineer
Do you want to design cloud solutions in a work environment that is imbued with team spirit, skills development and a network of experts in data, design, cloud and integrations?
We are looking for an experienced Azure Architect to help us build top-class cloud solutions for customers in a relaxed, uncomplicated work community
We are a dynamic team of 65 friendly tech professionals in Belgium supported by a network of over 1500 tech experts working in the Nordics and Central Europe. Solita serves the needs of companies’ digitization on a large scale in areas such as software development, cloud and integration services, data analytics, service design and consulting. Our customers, usually large international corporations, come from various industries (telecom, retail, logistics, banking etc.). Read more about our work.
Our Belgian headquarters are in Leuven, but there's also possibility to go to our newest light office in Ghent, where you'll be able to come and greet your colleagues from this area.
The Senior Azure Architect position combines technical expertise with business understanding.
As an Azure architect, you will belong to our growing Cloud Strategy & Development business unit in Belgium. In this role, you will work closely with our customers in a variety of exciting projects.
You will often come in at an early stage to meet our customers' challenges and help design cloud-native environments to solve their needs.
In this role there is a lot of technical work to be done and you will not be limited to PowerPoint.
Your role will be tailored to your experience, interests and customer needs.
You will design reference architectures, set up ways of working but also implement tailored solutions leveraging cloud-native technologies.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You will help our clients to design and implement cloud solutions leveraging Azure technologies
- A typical assignment consists of reviewing existing solutions, determining preferred technologies, rearchitecting existing platforms tailored to the customer’s needs and assisting them in adapting their ways of working.
- Projects can be short-term implementations or long-term strategic projects aligned with the customer’s vision.
- Customers are located mainly in Belgium, Germany and the Nordics.
We have had a Cloud-First strategy for several years now and are one of the leading companies in the Nordics in public cloud solutions and services. In addition to that, we also have strong collaborations with our tech partners such as Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, MuleSoft, Apigee, and more, to support our customers' cloud journey and digital transformation in the best possible way.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has solid experience of working hands-on and with the design of cloud solutions in Azure
- Able to deliver deep technical content and bridge that content with mature, business decisions
- Able to support the pre-sales process, scoping out technical requirements and solutions to meet the requirements of prospective clients
- Able to balance what is strategically right with what is practically feasible
- Has knowledge in the design and development of microservices, as well as knowledge in application design and relational databases
- Understands key security concepts on a high level
- Able to mentor engineers
- Able to discover the root causes of problems and identify appropriate solutions
- Provides recommendations to clients with respect to cloud migrations and prepare technical implementation roadmaps for Azure adoption
- Strong presentation skills
- Language skills: English and one of the native languages (Dutch, French or German)
- Experience with SQL/noSQL
- Software development lifecycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries, and tools
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines using github actions, azure devops, …
- Experience with Infra as Code: Terraform,
- Experience with container orchestration
Your workplace will be our office in Leuven or Ghent or from home. We work both on site and virtually/remotely with flexible work models. Occasional trips to customers may occur.
Customers may be based in Belgium or elsewhere in Europe.
What we offer – flexibility to balance work and personal life
Our corporate culture is very important to us. With us, everything starts with people and our values form the core of our culture and our daily work. We value low hierarchy, independence and responsibility, value-creating work, and pleasant colleagues.
As an employee with us, you can expect:
- Challenging, impactful projects to work with
- Nordic work culture of trust, responsibility, and maximum freedom
- Individual benefit packages that suit your personal needs
- Learning and career growth opportunities
- A community of 1500+ Tech Expert colleagues across Europe
INTERESTED TO HEAR MORE?
We want to hear from you and figure out together what works best for us both. Tell us about yourself and your background in your own words. Unfortunately, currently we cannot offer relocation for candidates outside the Benelux area.
Our recruitment consists of two rounds of interviews where you will meet our team and learn more about working at Solita. You will be given the opportunity to show your skills with a short assessment, and we will provide constructive feedback on the results.
If you would like to hear more about working at Solita, please contact our Cloud Lead Kobe Peeters ([email protected]).
If you are a freelancer, read more about Friends of Solita