Junior Data Engineer
Solita is looking for eager and enterprising candidates to join the Data academy this year! Our Academy has been training IT specialists in our Nordic countries for several years and will start again in 2022!Apply
As a Data Engineer at Solita, you will learn to build data platforms, implement data pipelines and process data in a way that enables our customers to improve their business with the help of data. We do not expect you to be a ready-made expert; we offer you the opportunity to learn about following areas of expertise based on your skills and interests:
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Databases (e.g. Snowflake, Redshift, SQL DB/DW, MySQL)
- Data modelling (e.g. conceptual modelling, DataVault, dimensional modelling)
- Data visualisation (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- Core data management, MDM (e.g. Semarchy, MDS)
- Programming expertise (e.g. SQL, Python, R)
- Continuous development models (e.g. DataOps, Continuous integration, DevOps)
In addition to technical expertise, the data engineer has a general knowledge of agile methods (Scrum, Kanban) as well as consulting skills, i.e. an understanding of how data can be used to promote entrepreneurship.
What the position involves:
- Using data to solve real-world problems
- Specifying, designing and implementing various data solutions based on customers’ needs
- The different areas of focus include data modelling, storing different kind of data, data integrations, data visualizations and cloud-based data pipelines
What we value in applicants:
- Interest for data solutions
- Education related to the field (either formal or based more on the person’s interest and activity)
- Cooperative and interactive skills, ability to work in a team
- Good English language skills and readiness to work in international teams, we also expect a fluent level of Dutch or French
- Willingness to jump on board and learn to become an expert in the field
- Readiness to travel between Solita’s offices, especially during the Academy (depends on Covid guidelines)
- Eagerness to learn new things and curiosity about the world around you
What we offer in return:
- Permanent and full-time job throughout the training period and after; you will immediately become a valued member of the Solita team and, of course, you will receive all the benefits offered by the company from day 1.
- Truly interesting and challenging projects.
- A competent and friendly working community that will support you in the challenges you face at work.
- A working environment that values freedom and responsibility, and allows you to become a true expert in the field.
- A workplace where you will always have a caring and competent colleague sitting next to you, who will help you in the challenges you face at work.
- We strongly believe that everything we have comes from our people. We invest in competence development in various ways, whether this is by sharing experiences through bulletins or more comprehensive training. We also support the well-being of our employees by offering them an extensive package of benefits for both work and leisure time. You can find out more about our everyday work on Instagram or Facebook.
We want to hear more about you. Tell us who you are and what you dream of. Then send us your CV via the application button underneath.
For more information about the Academy and the schedules, please contact our Recruiter: Pauline by email: Pauline.email@example.com or by tel:+32 499 92 83 46
The application period ends on February 20th 2022.Unfortunately we are not able to provide sponsorship for the entry-level position.