Experienced Data Engineer
Are you the Superhero of the Data Engineering world, who gets things done in a blink of an eye all by oneself? No? Don't worry, neither are we. But we have open positions for competent Data Engineers!Apply
Solita Finland Connected Data unit consists of more than 300 data and integration experts. With our growth, we are looking for experienced Data Engineers to work on projects in different industries.
What would it be like?
Data Engineers work together with Solita team in various customer projects, where, for example, data platforms and various data utilisation solutions are built, data storage is modernised and data obtained from IoT sources is processed.
You have the possibility to influence what kind of project you want to work on. At best, the project includes learning something new, the possibility to use your existing skills, and creating content that is meaningful to you. In addition, working can (and even should) be fun.
What else do we offer?
We offer the muscles of a big company, but the culture of a small company. In practice it means:
- A caring culture where you and your 1500 Solita colleagues are always at the centre of management not only as a group but as individuals too
- Connected Data community consisting of more than 500 data professionals internationally, from whom you can get help for any problem you might have
- Teamwork methods because we work as a team in projects
- Appropriate workload so that there is time for other important things in life than work too
- Freedom and responsibility – you can do your work wherever you want (at our offices, remotely in Finland, sometimes also at the customer's premises)
- Opportunities to develop your skills in everyday project work, as well as support in developing your own career path, for example from one role to another (eg. from Data Engineer to Data Architect)
What tools are we using?
At the core of the data creation is, of course, data processing; loading, parsing, saving, modelling, and storing. The tools are selected for each project as needed:
- Almost all of our new data projects are done in the cloud. Our options are AWS, Azure and Google Cloud. Do you already know one or more of these?
- Databases create the basis for all data creation. We mostly work with databases that use SQL.
- Python and other programming languages are actively used, for example, in the construction of data pipes. If you know how to program, you have more options when it comes to our client projects.
- We want to use modern modelling methods such as Data Vault 2.0.
We expect technological know-how from an experienced Data Engineer, but you don't have to know everything. You get to learn new technologies with us. In addition to tech know-how, we value experience in project work and consulting in the customer interface, as well as the desire to grow your own know-how along with the ever-developing IT industry.
What is Solita like as an employer?
Solita is an IT consulting company with Finnish roots, and we also have offices in Europe. Our consultants work with Finnish and international projects.
In addition to Data Engineers, we also have top professionals in data science, data visualisation, and master data, as well as a group of experienced data architects. With our work, we strive to create sustainable solutions – ones that we ourselves would like to use and maintain.
Our values are caring, easy-going, courage and passion. Our employees have chosen those themselves, and maybe that's why we can see and feel value-based actions every day. Here are a few examples:
- Caring: Our culture has been created in a way that you can easily get support in project challenges from the entire work community, not just from your own project team
- Easy-going: Even though we are already quite a large company, the atmosphere is cosy and relaxed, and the hierarchy is low.
- Courage: We build genuine partnerships with our customers. This sometimes requires courage to disagree with the customer and say it out loud as well.
- Passion: At Solita, work is done with great passion, but having fun at the same time. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work.
Let's find out together whether we could find the next challenge in your career with Solita! Our recruitment process includes two interviews, mainly in Teams.
Send us your CV, a link to your LinkedIn profile and/or write an application letter. We will be in touch with you soon.
If you have any questions, please contact Vesa (Data Architect & Data Platforms Business Lead): +358 40 732 2224 / vesa.hammarberg at solita.fi.