Solita Connected Data unit in Copenhagen is growing, and we are looking for a Data Engineer to work on projects in different industries. Danish language skills in full proficiency and English at business level is required.
What would it be like?
As a Data Engineer you will work together with Solita Data team in various customer projects, where data platforms and various data utilisation solutions are built, data storages are modernised and data obtained from IoT sources is processed.
You have the possibility to influence what kind of project you want to work on. We want to find you a project that includes learning something new, the possibility to use your existing skills, and creating content that is meaningful to you.
What tools are we using?
At the core of the data creation is data processing; loading, parsing, saving, modelling, and storing. The tools are selected for each project as needed:
- Almost all of our new data projects are done in the cloud. Our options are AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Databases create the basis for all data creation. We mostly work with databases that use SQL.
- Python and other programming languages are actively used, for example, in the construction of data pipes. If you know how to program, you have more options when it comes to our client projects.
- We want to use modern modelling methods such as Data Vault 2.0.
We expect technological know-how from a Data Engineer, but you don't have to know everything. You get to learn new technologies with us. In addition to tech know-how, we value experience in project work and consulting in the customer interface, but you will learn it by doing. What matters most is your desire to grow your know-how along with the ever-developing IT industry.
Your will work across following areas and have following experience from:
- Participate in presales meetings
- Analysis, design and implementation of data driven customer solutions
- ETL/Datawarehouse development
- Implementation of technologies within BI and Data solutions, incl. Power BI
- Data mapping from business requirements to data sources
- Insight into DW architecture, data modelling and BI and DE solutions in generel
- It will be an advantage to have solid insight into MS Analysis and data tools like Power BI, MS Azure and MS Fabric
What else do we offer?
We have the muscles of a big company, but the culture of a small company. In practice it means:
- Opportunities to develop your skills in everyday project work, as well as support in developing your own career path, for example from one role to another (eg. from Data Engineer to Data Architect)
- Help and sparring from Connected Data community consisting of more than 500 data professionals internationally
- A caring culture that promotes a sense of community
- Teamwork – in projects we always work as a team, not alone
- Appropriate workload so that there is time for other important things in life than work too
What is Solita like as an employer?
Solita is an IT consulting company with Finnish roots, and we have offices in 6 countries, including Denmark. Our consultants work with Danish and international projects.
In addition to Data Engineering, we also have professionals in data science, data visualisation, and master data, as well as a group of experienced data architects. With our work, we aim to create sustainable solutions – ones that we ourselves would like to use and maintain.
Our values are caring, easy-going, courage and passion. Our employees have chosen those themselves, and maybe that's why we can see and feel value-based actions every day. Here are a few examples:
- Caring: Our culture has been created in a way that you can easily get support in difficult situations from the entire work community, not just from your own project team
- Easy-going: Even though we are already quite a large company, the atmosphere is cosy and relaxed, and the hierarchy is low.
- Courage: We build genuine partnerships with our customers. This sometimes requires courage to disagree with the customer and say it out loud as well.
- Passion: At Solita, work is done with great passion, but having fun at the same time. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work.
Solita is known for delivering software solutions and services of high quality within agreed time and price. We set high requirements to our developers’ skills, but at the same time we also appreciate diversity and originality. Therefore, working at Solita means a lot of exciting projects, skilled colleagues, and a room for being who you are.
As a Senior Data Engineer at Solita you will have the opportunity to take the certifications, that are needed for particularly your development. At Solita we have a strong tech community with monthly tech talks about latest technologies, and we have selected tech evangelists, who are experts within their specific tech area, for instance Cloud.
And then of course we expect you to be dedicated around your job and to do your best, but you do not have to be last person ending your working day – there must be a balance between working life and private life.
Solita is a community of highly and widely skilled experts geared for impact and customer value. We do what matters to build the future with our clients by delivering high-quality solutions to real problems. Our unique service portfolio seamlessly combines expertise from strategic consulting to business & service design, process excellence, digital development, analytics and data science, cloud and integration services. Founded in 1996, Solita is a fast growing community in Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Belgium and Germany.
For any questions regarding the position or Solita, please contact Rikke Meng, Senior Recruitment Partner, on +452265 0218, [email protected] or Jakob Kelstrup, Head of Talent, on +45 3114 6934, [email protected].