Interested in working with data? We are currently recruiting Data Engineers to join us! Solita is a workplace where you will always find a more knowledgeable, multi-disciplinary peer to spar with. People join us to become a part of a diverse community of experienced professionals and continuous learners. And people stay for the same reason. At Solita, you will find an easy-going work culture where you can be yourself no matter who you are.Apply
We have worked with data for over 15 years and today we employ over 200 data specialists. We build data solutions for our customers using whichever modern technology best suits their needs. The most important components in our data projects are cloud-based databases and different data storage methods, such as Snowflake and Amazon Redshift and S3, depending on the project. We develop data architecture based on software development practices and often using agile methods.
In the Data Engineer role, your job is to design and implement technical solutions that include, for example, data modelling and integrations, data warehousing and cloud-based data pipelines. You will use your skills and vision to support the development of our customers’ business, and you can also work in pre-sales and participate in developing our working methods if you wish.
The skills we are looking for in our future colleague:
- We appreciate it if your skillset includes some of the following: data modelling, data warehousing, databases (SQL/NoSQL) and ETL/ELT.
- You are able to, or willing to learn how to, handle data fluidly (parse, transfer, store, edit) and build data pipelines
- You have solid skills in some programming languages – preferably in Python, R or Java.
- You will make us very happy if you also have a grasp of cloud service architecture and can comprehensively apply cloud service provider offerings (AWS, Azure, etc.) to meet the customer’s business needs.
- It’s a big advantage if you are familiar with software development practices, e.g. version control and CI/CD.
- You have the technical expertise to personally execute the solutions you design. Here at Solita, our Data Engineers are working mostly in hands-on projects.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours and a lot of freedom to organise your own work
- Sports support covering a wide range of sporting activities and events, massage, yoga and swimming pool tickets, as well as a wide variety of hobby clubs
- Private health insurance and sickness benefit from day one
- Fun social events
- You get to choose your own equipment – Windows, Linux and Apple laptops, and a phone of your choice
- Time that is allocated specifically for your professional development through trainings
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Competent and easy-going community of experts to support your professional growth
- Work environment that breathes freedom as well as responsibility and where you can fulfil your true potential
- Caring and diversely talented colleagues who will be there for you every step on the way
- We want to make sure you have a good work-life balance. That's what our employees see as one of Solita's greatest assets
We strongly believe that everything we have comes from our people.
We invest in competence development in various ways, whether this is by sharing experiences through bulletins or more comprehensive training. We also support the well-being of our employees by offering them an extensive package of benefits for both work and leisure time.
We foster a culture of experimentation and autonomy.
We believe in autonomous way of working: you have the freedom to choose what you do and the responsibility to get it done. At Solita, work is flexible, and it meets our employees’ needs. Caring, easy-going, courage, and passion have been our values for a long time, and they still describe well what it means to be part of Solita’s community.
Send us your CV and tell us a little about yourself and your background in your own words. We want to hear from you and figure out together what works best for us both.
Would you like to know what it's really like, working in Solita? Saku summarises it in 57 seconds here.
Please note that the location for this role is in Estonia. We do support a hybrid way of working but we do not offer fully remote positions.