Cloud Engineer to accelerate our growing cloud journey
Are you ignited by cloud computing and would like to build on your skills amongst a team of fellow cloud enthusiasts? Does time fly when you get to work on and resolve complex business challenges in a dynamic yet supportive environment? Then read on, we are now looking for Cloud Engineers to join our growing team!Apply
As a Cloud Engineer at Solita Sweden, you would form part of a community of 40+ Cloud & Connectivity experts supported by a leading network of over 1500 Solitans supporting customers’ digital transformation journey across 6 countries in Northern Europe. By joining Solita, one of the top companies in cloud services in the Nordics with solid experience in designing and implementing cloud solutions in the public and private sector, you will have the chance to work closely with our partners; AWS, Azure and Google Cloud. As a tech agnostic firm, you’ll have the opportunity to affect the technologies and methodologies we use in our projects. We want to give you the freedom to shape your future role and competence, and also the tools you may need along the way.
What you can expect to work on:
- Help our customers design and implement fit for purpose cloud solutions leveraging cloud-native technologies;
- Take responsibility for the testing, installation, integration and/or maintenance of IT systems and platforms for our customers;
- Review existing solutions, implement new pipelines, or shift existing solutions into the cloud.
A day in the life of a Cloud Engineer:
Mauro was one of our talented Cloud Academy students back in autumn 2021 where he was introduced to the top public cloud providers and their services. Following 4 certifications in GCP, AWS and Azure, Mauro’s curiosity for cloud infrastructure was awakened and his career at Solita quickly took off. In just a few months, he has had the chance to work on two very different projects; in the first project, his work consisted of app and integration development for a customer’s property management platform – the integrations were run in Azure, and the project has now reached the test phase.
Currently, Mauro is in a project for a major customer, alongside a team of 8 fellow Solitans, wherein he contributes to making master data user friendly through a combination of cloud engineering and API development. His work comprises Azure set-ups, IaC, release pipelines and DevOps. Mauro feels he has already been able to leverage a variety of skills by both working in a smaller scale project wherein he was involved in all stages from design to set-up and with closer contact to the customer and end user, to working in a larger scale project with clearly defined responsibilities within the team, in a more complex environment.
Mauro has thoroughly enjoyed being given the possibility to choose the path that is of interest to him. The projects that he has been assigned have involved increasingly more cloud infrastructure, which is where his passion lies and where he would like to steer his career.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Good knowledge of one OR multiple cloud services; AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud;
- Hands-on experience in implementing cloud components;
- Experience with at least one programming language, such as Python, Go, Java, Shell Scripting or similar;
- Experience with DevOps and container technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker is of added value for this role;
- Experience from working with APIs;
- Knowledge of IaaC tools such as Terraform or Ansible is a big plus, but not required;
- Knowledge of relational and/or non-relational databases;
- Good communication skills with proficiency in English. Swedish is of added value.
What we offer you:
- Truly interesting and challenging projects from a wide range of industries. We strive to work with projects that create a lasting impact to the customer and society. You will have the opportunity to closely contribute to an exciting growth journey within our C&C unit!
- Growth Academy – our knowledge platform to support your development and aspirations. We strongly believe in lifelong learning and want to offer you the possibility to grow and widen your knowledge in areas that are of interest to you.
- Human-centric work environment where people take care of each other.
- We want to ensure you have a good balance between work and free time.
- A working environment that values freedom and responsibility, and allows you to become a true expert in the field. We trust that our consultants know how and where they work best and are open to providing this flexibility.
- Great benefits – such as choosing your own devices (you can freely choose PC laptop with Windows/Linux or Apple laptop, and the phone you like), massages to relax during your workdays, In-house coach to support your well-being, many hobby clubs, sports / culture benefit, extensive occupational healthcare, pension including on your parental leave, and many more!
Our head offices are in Stockholm and Gothenburg, and we also have smaller offices / talent hubs in Malmö, Östersund and Skellefteå. However, we are open to staying flexible to your needs and preferences and also embrace remote work. The role may include occasional travel to the customer site.
Interested in hearing more?
We would love to hear from you! Tell us about your skills and desires and we can figure out together if we could be a match. Send your free-form application for our review. The deadline for applications is on June 12th.
Here’s what our hiring process looks like:
- If we see a potential match, we’ll invite you to a brief initial chat with our Talent Acquisition team to get to know each other better and to provide you with an introduction to us at Solita.
- Following this, you’ll have the opportunity to meet our People Leads who will let you in on our culture, colleagues, progression possibilities and provide further information about the day to day work and projects you’d be involved in.
- The focus of the next round of interviews will be on the technical competence fit, after which we would be proceeding to the concluding step of the process…
- Job contract negotiations and bringing you on board as a Solitan!
Unfortunately, currently we can’t offer relocation for candidates outside Sweden.If you think this job may not fully be a fit for you but you know of someone who would be the perfect match, feel free to share this link with them. Thanks!