Cloud DevOps Engineer
We can affect people’s everyday lives with the work that we do together here at Solita. In addition to interesting projects, we want to ensure that Solitans have a good balance between work and free time. Want to join our diverse community?Apply
We are looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our team in Helsinki, Lahti, Tampere, Turku, Oulu, or in our light offices (Joensuu, Kuopio, Pori, Jyväskylä). We work in a flexible way, so you can choose if you like to work from home, at our office or in a hybrid mode. What is it that we’re looking for now? Passionate people who want to work in meaningful projects and help others around them shine!
Meaningful work that impact on people’s everyday lives
We are developing various digital solutions for both private and public sector customers. We don’t have customers from any specific business area, as we concentrate on having varied projects that are meaningful. This can mean that we have an impact on how we help users find more convenient routes, we get to use the newest technologies, handle a global pandemic or help people find correct health care services they need. Solita's projects (and project teams) are a combination of software development, data, cloud, and service design. The diversity of our projects also gives opportunities for continuous learning and rotation. Our aim is to always find the best person for the right project, and make sure it’s a two-way match.
What we offer for you:
- Possibility to grow and widen your knowledge in new areas that are interesting for you. We have a great variety of versatile learning paths for the future and we put a lot of effort in supporting learning.
- You don’t have to stick with the same role year after year. We have a good rotation model and many Solitans have worked in multiple roles during their Solita career.
- You can affect the technologies and methodologies we use in projects. Take a look at our Developer Survey 2022 results to get more insight about the technologies we use in our projects.
- Human-centric work environment where people take care of each other.
- We want to ensure you have a good balance between work and free time. That’s what our employees see as one of the biggest benefits at Solita.
- Great benefits – such as choosing your own devices (you can freely choose PC laptop with Windows/Linux or Apple laptop, and the phone you like), massages to relax during your workdays, In-house coach to support your mental well-being, many hobby clubs, gyms (Hki and Tre), sports / culture and lunch benefit, extensive occupational healthcare and many more!
Your role as Cloud DevOps Engineer:
Your passion is to develop DevOps solutions and culture for cloud-based development projects.
As a project team member, your tasks will focus on Cloud DevOps. You will work closely with the rest of the project team, and share knowledge and expertise related to DevOps techniques and culture to them. Your role includes designing and developing various CI/CD pipelines, and taking part in designing and building cloud infrastructure and its automation. Your duties will primarily involve DevOps related tasks but may also include software development work, if you so prefer.
We have an experimental culture, and things can be developed actively. Therefore, if you wish, you can develop a wider DevOps culture at the Solita level together with other colleagues.
We wish you have these following skills:
- Knowledge in CI/CD automation in cloud solutions. For example with GitHub Actions, Azure Pipelines or Jenkins.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions, and architectures, such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Skills in Infrastructure as code with Terraform, Azure Bicep or AWS CDK like.
- Some programming experience to understand context. Possible programming language could be i.e. Java, Kotlin, Clojure, C#, Python or NodeJS.
- Fluent skills in both Finnish and English
Following skills are not mandatory for this role, but would be good if you have knowledge of some of these: test automation, monitoring, security, or cloud migrations.
Let’s talk more!
We want to hear from you and figure out together what works best for us both. Tell us about yourself and your background in your own words.
Our recruitment consists of two rounds of interviews where you will meet our team and learn more about working at Solita. You will be given the opportunity to show your skills and ask us questions. The purpose is to get to know each other better.
If you want to hear more about our dev-culture, or if you have any questions in mind, please reach out to dev-recruiter Julia: [email protected] / 0505640811