Cloud Architect to steer the design of emerging solutions
Is cloud computing close to your heart and you would like to keep exchanging knowledge and expertise on this matter with fellow colleagues and key customers? Do you excel in an environment where you are encouraged to bring forth ideas and grow professionally through the use of emerging technologies, surrounded by like minded, passionate and friendly colleagues? We are now looking for a Cloud Architect to become part of our growing cloud journey in Sweden.Apply
As a Cloud Architect at Solita Sweden, you would form part of a community of 40+ Cloud & Connectivity experts supported by a leading network of over 1500 Solitans supporting customers’ digital transformation journey across 6 countries in Northern Europe. By joining Solita, one of the top companies in cloud services in the Nordics with solid experience in designing and implementing cloud solutions in the public and private sector, you will have the chance to work closely with our partners; AWS, Azure and Google Cloud. As a tech agnostic firm, you’ll have the opportunity to affect the technologies and methodologies we use in our projects. We want to give you the freedom to shape your future role and competence, and also the tools you may need along the way.
What you can expect to work on:
- Analysis of existing architecture, review of code, and design of architecture components and multi-cloud solutions leveraging cloud-native technologies;
- Taking ownership of key assignments and serving as a trusted advisor for the customer.
A day in the life of a Cloud Architect:
Gustav has been working at Solita ever since we opened our first offices in Sweden in 2019, and he has played a pivotal role as a solution architect and developer in various customer projects since then. This is what he particularly enjoys in his job – being able to juggle multiple roles and taking part of a very dynamic and stimulating environment where his role can be shaped based on what he enjoys and where his main competencies lie.
AWS is an essential part of Gustav’s daily work. As an architect, in short, he provides key advice and support on the overarching design of the solutions that are being developed. In the past few years, Gustav has worked in many parallel projects for a global leader in power sources for the marine and energy markets. One particular project aimed to develop an alarm system which detected deviations of ships. Gustav found this project very rewarding as it contained everything from architecture and design of components, to collaborating closely with his frontend, backend and data scientist colleagues to create a solution which has a very tangible value in the real world.
What has made Gustav stay at Solita for all these years has been the variation that his role offers, through which he has met many different customers and worked with a range of solutions, all while staying at the forefront of trends and developments on the market. He also very much values being able to work in a highly collaborative environment, in which the social aspect of work is equally emphasized as the delivery of high quality work. Organizing after-works, bowling sessions, or finding someone to use as a sounding board, is part of the cohesive consultancy environment in which he thrives.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Solid knowledge of one OR multiple cloud services; AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud;
- Understanding of the development side of cloud computing, and an interest to stay up to date on new and emerging technologies;
- Experience with DevOps and container technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker is of added value for this role;
- Knowledge of microservices architecture design, development, deployment and instrumentation. Also knowledge of applications design, interoperability technology (e.g. message oriented middleware, Event Hubs or similar) and relational and/or non-relational databases is appreciated;
- We expect our consultants in this role to have good communication skills with proficiency in English and Swedish.
What we offer you:
- Truly interesting and challenging projects from a wide range of industries. We strive to work with projects that create a lasting impact to the customer and society. You will have the opportunity to closely contribute to an exciting growth journey within our C&C unit!
- Growth Academy – our knowledge platform to support your development and aspirations. We strongly believe in lifelong learning and want to offer you the possibility to grow and widen your knowledge in areas that are of interest to you.
- Human-centric work environment where people take care of each other.
- We want to ensure you have a good balance between work and free time.
- A working environment that values freedom and responsibility, and allows you to become a true expert in the field. We trust that our consultants know how and where they work best and are open to providing this flexibility.
- Great benefits – such as choosing your own devices (you can freely choose PC laptop with Windows/Linux or Apple laptop, and the phone you like), massages to relax during your workdays, In-house coach to support your well-being, many hobby clubs, sports / culture benefit, extensive occupational healthcare, pension including on your parental leave, and many more!
Our head offices are in Stockholm and Gothenburg, and we also have smaller offices / talent hubs in Malmö, Östersund and Skellefteå. However, we are open to staying flexible to your needs and preferences and also embrace remote work. The role may include occasional travel to the customer site.
Interested in hearing more?
We would love to hear from you! Tell us about your skills and desires and we can figure out together if we could be a match. Send your free-form application for our review. The deadline for applications is on June 12th.
Here’s what our hiring process looks like:
- If we see a potential match, we’ll invite you to a brief initial chat with our Talent Acquisition team to get to know each other better and to provide you with an introduction to us at Solita.
- Following this, you’ll have the opportunity to meet our People Leads who will let you in on our culture, colleagues, progression possibilities and provide further information about the day to day work and projects you’d be involved in.
- The focus of the next round of interviews will be on the technical competence fit, after which we would be proceeding to the concluding step of the process…
- Job contract negotiations and bringing you on board as a Solitan!
Unfortunately, currently we can’t offer relocation for candidates outside Sweden.If you think this job may not fully be a fit for you but you know of someone who would be the perfect match, feel free to share this link with them. Thanks!