Apply to Data Academy and become a Data Engineer!
Solita Data Academy, which has been training IT specialists in the Nordic countries for some time already, will start in Estonia this autumn for the second time! Because of this we are on the look for eager and enterprising people to join us.Apply
As a Data Engineer at Solita, you will learn to build data platforms, implement data pipelines and process data in a way that enables our customers to improve their business with the help of data. We do not expect you to be a ready-made expert; we offer you the opportunity to learn about following areas of expertise based on your skills and interests:
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Databases (e.g. Snowflake, Redshift, SQL DB/DW, MySQL)
- Data modelling (e.g. conceptual modelling, DataVault, dimensional modelling)
- Data visualisation (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- Core data management, MDM (e.g. Semarchy, MDS)
- Programming expertise (e.g. SQL, Python, R)
- Continuous development models (e.g. DataOps, Continuous integration, DevOps)
In addition to technical expertise, a Data Engineer has a general knowledge of agile methods (Scrum, Kanban) as well as consulting skills, i.e. an understanding of how data can be used to promote entrepreneurship.
What the position involves:
- Using data to solve real-world problems
- Specifying, designing and implementing various data solutions based on customers needs
- The different areas of focus include data modelling, storing different kind of data, data integrations, data visualisations and cloud-based data pipelines.
What we value in applicants:
- Education in IT (you must be either in your final year or already graduated)
- Interest for data solutions
- Cooperative and interactive skills, ability to work in a team
- Good English language skills and readiness to work in international teams
- Willingness to jump on board and learn to become an expert in the field
- Readiness to travel between Solita’s offices
- Eagerness to learn new things and curiosity about the world around you
What we offer:
- A comprehensive training into working with data
- Permanent and full-time job throughout the training period and after that – by joining the Academy, you will immediately become a valued member of the Solita team and, of course, you will receive all the benefits offered by the company.
- Truly interesting and challenging projects
- A competent and friendly working community that will support you in the challenges you face at work
- A working environment that values freedom and responsibility, and allows you to become a true expert in the field
- A workplace where you will always have a caring and competent colleague sitting next to you, who will help you in the challenges you face at work
We strongly believe that everything we have comes from our people. We invest in competence development in various ways, whether this is by sharing experiences through bulletins or more comprehensive training. We also support the well-being of our employees by offering them an extensive package of benefits for both work and leisure time.
Send us your CV and tell us a little about yourself and your background in your own words. We want to hear from you and figure out together what works best for us both.
Applications for the Data Academy will be handled on an ongoing basis, and a limited number of applicants will be chosen. The program will start in autumn 2021.