Software Developer (Java / Kotlin)
We can affect people’s everyday lives with the work that we do together here at Solita.
In addition to interesting projects, we want to ensure that Solitans have a balance between work and free time. Want to join our diverse community?
We are looking for experienced Java / Kotlin software developers to work in Helsinki, Lahti, Tampere, Turku or Oulu, as well as remotely in other locations within Finland. What is it that we’re looking for now? Passionate people who want to work in meaningful projects and help others around them shine!
We are developing solutions for both private and public sector customers. We don’t have customers from any specific business area, as we concentrate on having varied projects that are meaningful. This can mean that we have an impact on how we handle a global pandemic, we get to use the newest technologies or we make life significantly easier for the end user. Solita's projects are a combination of dev, data, cloud and service design. The diversity of our projects also gives opportunities for continuous learning and rotation. Our aim is to always find the best person for the right project, and make sure it’s a two-way match.
Continuous learning is in our DNA
Solita is known as a strong competence company and we can guarantee that you will learn more when you join us. You will always find someone who can teach you something new. Continuous learning is in our DNA and together we find the best way for you to learn. For example, we have in-house learning paths, info sessions, code coffees, mentor programs, and continuous possibilities to learn from each other. By cherishing continuous learning we make sure that we have interesting projects for the future, and also possibilities for project rotations. After all, all we have is our people.
Techs we use
At Solita, the teams have a lot of autonomy, so teams often get to decide if they want to use for example Kotlin instead of Java – and many do. We have a wide range of techs we use, e.g. the following: Java, Clojure, Kotlin, REST interfaces, Vue, React, and of course Ecmascript as well as AWS. Alongside these, we want to do things in a smart way, meaning that we are pretty fanatical when it comes to automating things. Agile, continuous delivery, and continuous feedback are also part of our operating methods. Security is also built in from the start.
What we offer
- Challenging, impactful projects to work with – not only with dev professionals but also data, cloud and design
- On our customer cases we work as a Solita team, so you won’t be left alone
- Our culture is self made – trust, responsibility and maximum freedom are in the center of it. We have many subcultures in our dev community so it's easy to find your own place
- You can concentrate on what matters. We have People Leads who take care of you
- Community of almost 400 Software Professionals
- Wide onboarding program that helps you to find your own place at Solita.
- If you want, you can do many other things too besides coding. Depending on your interest, you can contribute for example to our culture in various ways, participate in job interviews or recruitment marketing, become an expert on a specific topic, act as a people person etc. – whatever interests you the most
- Great benefits – such as choosing your own devices (you can freely choose PC laptop with Windows/Linux or Apple laptop, and the phone you like), massages to relax during your workdays, In-house coach to support your mental well-being, many hobby clubs, gyms (Hki and Tre), sports / culture and lunch benefit, extensive occupational healthcare and many more!
Let’s talk more!
We want to hear from you and figure out together what works best for us both. Tell us about yourself and your background in your own words.
Our recruitment consists of two rounds of interviews where you will meet our team and learn more about working at Solita. You will be given the opportunity to show your skills and ask us questions. The purpose is to get to know each other better.
Please note that at the moment most of our Java based projects require knowledge of the Finnish language.
Any thoughts or questions, please reach out to dev-recruiter Mirka / [email protected] / 0407258194
Ask more about our projects from Riikka on 040 738 4110 / [email protected]