Planning Analytics for operational and business planning, forecasting and monitoring
IBM Planning Analytics powered by IBM TM1 is a modern, integrated planning solution for operational and business planning, forecasting, monitoring and analysing. SaaS solution offers easy deployment and continuous services and always the newest features. The solution has IBM TM1 as a core for demanding calculations and intuitive Planning Analytics Workspace (PAW) as a visual user interface.
Because of its flexibility, Planning Analytics is highly suitable for organisations from different industries. Best practices, blueprints and ready-made functionalities and examples provided by Solita and IBM can be used as the foundation for your solution. In addition, Planning Analytics enables different changes when the organisation and its needs changes.
From the technical side, the solution leans on IBM TM1 memory-based cubes which have a larger computing ability in comparison to relational data models.
With Planning Analytics it is possible to write rules to cubes which enables moving data from different sectors of planning in real-time (e.g. personnel cost budget to cost centre level profit budget). Planning Analytics supports common data file and database sources and integration to Active Directory to ease the access rights management.
Planning Analytics also provides extensive features for analysing and reporting:
- Planning Analytics Workspace, intuitive user interface for input sheets and building your own views.
- Planning Analytics Excel, advanced user interface in Excel which is connected to a cloud solution and provides the opportunity to build your own reports.
- Strategy visualisations and scorecard features.
- Reporting abilities to management and other reporting (e.g. measures, report sharing, reporting packages and report publishing); also provides the ability to create Ad-hoc reports easily.
- Cognos Command Center to manage processes and schedules.
Planning Analytics Workspace offers users the possibility to modify in-built views based on their needs. Users can copy different elements such as visualisations, and change their layout and build a unique planning view. Users can also make changes in their own private sandbox view before releasing the changes to the actual plan. In Planning Analytics Workspace, it is also possible to do ad-hoc reporting and compare different scenarios and do simulations.
Planning Analytics is available as an on-premises solution or as a cloud-based SaaS solution. Planning Analytics also integrates seamlessly to Cognos Analytics.