Circular economy refers to a production and consumption framework that mainly aims to keep products and materials in circulation either as a product or, when that can no longer be used, as components or raw materials. The global utilisation and success of this framework supports greatly in tackling global challenges like climate change, biodiversity loss, waste, and pollution.
In this seminar recording, we explore how artificial intelligence and machine learning can boost the circular economy journey of different organisations and how these technologies support building truly scalable solutions to nowadays problems and opportunities.
AI has attracted significant buzz and in the talks we cut through the jargons and present how AI can help businesses with a focus on circular economy. AI is known to provide significant improvements in at least three main areas: product design, operations, and infrastructure optimisation.
Talks cover multiple facets of AI powered circular economy including talks from regulatory information providers, solution providers, and equipment manufacturers. All the talks are highly relevant to a wide variety of industries as they cover themes such as material efficiency, asset utilisation, production & industrial process automation, and sustainability. The event is organised with Business Tampere.
- Introduction and welcome – Mikael Ruohonen, Business Lead, Data Science, AI & Analytics, Solita
- Circular economy and AI – Aki Finér, Director (Circular Economy), Motiva
Motiva is a state-owned company that provides the public sector, businesses, municipalities and consumers with information, solutions and services that allow them to make resource-efficient, effective and sustainable choices.
- Potential use case areas of AI in circular economy – Karthik Sindhya, AI strategist, Solita
AI can accelerate the transition to a circular economy. In this talk we present different ways across industries, i.e. design of products, operating circular business models, and optimising circular infrastructure with selected inspiring use cases.
- AI DevOps lifecycle: Case study about industrial waste sorting with AI – Jokke Ruokolainen, Machine Learning Architect, Solita
In this talk we consider computer vision & AI based tire waste sorting, a Solita AI case study, and enumerate typical steps involved in an AI development & operations lifecycle.
- How AI can play important role in TANA – Teemu Lintula, VP, Services & SmartSite, Tana Oy
Tana Oy is an environmental technology company, which specialises in machines and equipment for mechanical processing of solid waste. The company manufactures landfill compactors and recycling machinery. Tana is a pioneer of using electrical control systems and artificial intelligence solutions in its equipment.
More info about the event
- Jan 11 at 13:30-15:30 CET (14:30 – 16:30 EET)
- Onsite event: Technopolis Asemakeskus, Peltokatu 26, 33100 Tampere
- Online event: Teams
- The event is conducted in English and participation is free