DataOps Engineer to Munich (d/w/m)
Solita is a digital transformation company driven by data and human insight. We have implemented hundreds of data-driven solutions for large-scale companies and organizations. Automatizing processes with the help of AI and Machine Learning, as well as helping companies create new data-based services are some of our core competences. We have almost 1000 highly skilled specialists in the fields of software development, data, cloud, and service design. We are now looking for DataOps Engineers to join our fairly new Munich team in a start-up style atmosphere with a Nordic-based work culture.
Our growing team will embrace you with open arms, as one of the first people with this competence in our German location. This key role in positioning and growing our data engineering offering in our DACH region, is a fantastic opportunity for accelerated personal growth, as working in a fast-paced dynamic environment will be a challenge and the learning curve steep. You will work closely with our existing cross-border data competence team of over 290 data engineers, scientists and data business consultants throughout our organization in both central Europe and the Nordics.
As a DataOps Engineer, you will build technical solutions that consist of data models, data integration, storage and cloud-based data pipeline. You will work 90-95% hands-on with configuration, integration, installation, scripting and 5-10% with designing architectures and explaining the solution to customers and team members. You will sit at the same table with the top leadership of our customers, IT and business decision-makers and data experts and use your skills and vision to support the development of our customers’ business.
You will work together with a team in the heart of Munich and at the customers’ base. Your closest colleagues are working in data warehousing and data modeling, data science, machine learning, information management, integration, reporting, analyzing, data visualization, master data, consulting and project management. Read more about our Munich team here.
- We value interest and experience in cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Have experience in one or more of the following: data modeling, data warehousing, databases (SQL/NoSQL) and ETL/ELT. Experience in data warehouse automation is considered a plus
- Can build data pipelines in one of the following programming languages: Python, R or Java
- Are familiar with software development practices such as version control and CI/CD
- Can implement data solutions for data experts and for business decision-makers
- Have an ability and motivation to learn quickly new technologies and methodologies
- You are located in Germany or are familiar with the local market
- Fluent in German and working proficiency in English
Modern tools, interesting and challenging data projects and an outstanding work community
Data is one of Solita’s four areas of expertise. We have 290 data specialists in six countries, and our knowledge portfolio contains a variety of data-related specializations involving data solutions in almost all technologies, both in the cloud and otherwise. In Solita, you will be part of a team that is courageous and passionate, but at the same time easy-going. We foster a culture of experimentation and autonomy. We strive to provide added value to our customers through our own innovative software product development, which is changing working methods in the industry. Our customers include Scania, Amer Sports, Assa Abloy, Atria, Ensto, Fazer, Finnair, Fortum, and Metso. If you want to learn more about our Data community and projects, visit our data blog data.solita.fi.
Our technology stack in data projects varies from project to project but you see us working with technologies such as R, Python, Java, Clojure, Ansible, SQL, Jedox, Tableau, Birst, IBM, Informatica, Snowflake, AWS, Azure ja Google Cloud. You don’t have to know all the technologies but we hope that you are willing to learn new ones.
The typical length of a project varies from one month to a few years, and the situation can be altered according to your wishes. We use modern agile methodologies and modern technologies in our projects. You will have an influence on how Solita develops as a company. Read more from our Data expertise area.
Interested in joining our Munich team?
If you feel up to the challenge, send us your application. Tell us briefly why you are interested in the DataOps Engineer position, along with your CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile.
- Find out more about working at Solita from our Country Director of Germany Florian on +49 172 1860 179, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If Solita sounds like a great place to work but this job doesn’t quite suit you, check out our other positions.