Data Scientists to Stockholm / Gothenburg
Solita is a fast growing IT-Services company operating in the Nordics, with around 800 highly skilled specialists in the fields of data, cloud, software development and service design. We have offices in Stockholm, Gothenburg, Tallinn, Munich, Helsinki, Tampere, Lahti, Turku and Oulu, and we work with large Nordic organisations. Our customers include brands like Amer Sports, Fortum, Finnair, and numerous others.
We have implemented hundreds of data-driven solutions for large-scale Nordic companies and organizations. We have both automatized processes with the help of AI and Machine Learning, and helped companies to create new data-based services.We are now looking for data scientists to join our teams in Sweden!
Who we are – Solita
At Solita our highly skilled experts are working together to help our clients in all industries, while still maintaining a start-up like, relaxed atmosphere and great culture! Our company culture is very important for us, and we value low hierarchy, independence and responsibility, impactful work, high technical skills and cool colleagues. Read more about what kind of company we are.
Who we are looking for
As a Data Scientist you will:
- act as a hands-on consultant and Data Science expert in Data Science projects in Scandinavia
- work in close cooperation with our Data Science team, Cloud Developers and Service Designers in order to build a full-fledged data ecosystem for our customers
Most of the work is either in the analysis of customer understanding or industrial process and in the pursuit of business profit. You can apply machine learning and optimization methods to projects, such as advance identification of service needs on multiple data sources, or on the other hand, you can build intelligent services that make a difference in people’s everyday lives.
We wish for you to have
- proven work experience in client projects in advanced data analytics, such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, data mining and statistics
- in-depth knowledge of one or more areas: NLP / text extraction, deep learning, reinforcement learning or computer vision.
- you understand that software development is a natural part of a data scientist’s work. We use technologies such as R and Python in our work.
- At least basic level knowledge in SQL and NoSQL databases. Knowledge of the various database platforms is definitely a plus for you!
- we value experience and interest in cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- you are located in Sweden or are familiar with the local market
- fluency in English
What we offer you
- Projects that have an impact: The possibility to work with systems that have hundreds of thousands of users and large monetary impact for our customers
- New tech: The possibility to use new, fast developing tools and technologies
- A great work culture and high autonomy: The possibility to take responsibility and work in teams where you and the team decide – not the managers
- Variety: The possibility to work with different customers, projects, teams, systems and technologies
- Personal development: The possibility to learn and develop your skills and competence in various ways e.g. via our internal skill-communities, via more formal or casual trainings, by taking on more challenging projects or by learning and expanding your knowledge in the fields of software development, analytics, cloud or service design.
Read what your future colleagues have to say in the areas of cloud, AI, data, design and culture from our blogs.
About our Data unit
Data is one of Solita’s four areas of expertise. We have 185 data specialists in four countries, and our knowledge portfolio contains a variety of data-related specialisations involving data solutions in almost all technologies, both in the cloud and otherwise. We strive to provide added value to our customers through our own innovative software product development, which is changing working methods in the industry.
The typical length of a project varies from one month to a few years, and the situation can be altered according to your wishes. Our experts work in cells that specialise in certain customer relationships and specialised technologies, such as MS or AWS. Other cells include an IoT cell, a data science cell, an architecture development cell, and a planning cell. The number of people working in cells ranges from six to fourteen. We use modern agile methodologies and modern technologies in our projects. Read more from our Data expertise area.
We value your skills, but we are also interested in you as a person. Tell us what you are good at and what you dream about doing in the future!