Data Engineers to build modern, impactful data platforms
We are looking for new Data Engineers to join us in building a better tomorrow together with the best talent in data, design and software development that Europe has to offer. You will work at our Leuven office (or remotely until the Covid situation gets better) in Belgium.
We build data solutions for our customers using whichever modern technology best suits their needs. The most important components in our data projects are cloud-based databases and different data storage methods, such as Snowflake and Amazon Redshift and S3, depending on the project. We develop data architecture based on software development practices and often using agile methods.
EXAMPLES OF OUR AI, DATA AND ANALYTICS PROJECTS
At Nike, we are helping them to expand and optimally utilize their large and innovative data landscape. The variety of tools and scale of the company makes our wide knowledge of data a true asset. Accompanied by our strong data engineering knowledge, and analysis competencies, we present a complete service.
For DNA, we build a comprehensive data platform to enhance work for a thousand people. The data management solution created with Solita has made DNA a true pioneer in the use of data. The cloud-based Einstein platform has reduced the turnaround time of development cycles, cutting it at best from a week to mere hours. The speed boost benefits all users.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- To design and implement technical solutions that include, for example, data modeling and integrations, data warehousing and cloud-based data pipelines. Simply put, this means handling the entire flow from getting the business requirements, making the dashboards, changing the data models and writing the code or SQL statements.
- You can use your skills and vision to support the development of our customers’ business. If you wish, you can also work in pre-sales and participate in developing our working methods.
You will work closely with our existing cross-border data competence team of over 400 data engineers, scientists and data business consultants throughout our organization in both Central Europe and the Nordics.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- We appreciate it if your skillset includes some of the following: data modeling, data warehousing, databases (SQL/NoSQL) and ETL/ELT.
- You are able to, or willing to learn how to, handle data fluidly (parse, transfer, store, edit) and build data pipelines accordingly
- You have solid knowledge in at least one programming language – preferably in Python, R, Scala, or Java and knowledge of Agile software development principles.
- You have the technical expertise to personally execute the solutions you design. Here at Solita, our Data Engineers are working mostly on hands-on projects.
- Great analytical mindset with excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English and in one of the native languages: Dutch or French.
You will make us very happy if you also have a grasp of some data products in the cloud (e.g. Snowflake, Databricks, Semarchy) to meet the customer’s business needs. It’s a big advantage if you are familiar with software development or data ops practices, e.g. version control, CI/CD or data (warehouse) automation.
PERKS AT WORK
- Nordic work culture of trust, responsibility, and maximum freedom
- Individual benefit packages that suit your personal needs
- An expert community of 1.000 colleagues across Europe that you can connect with
- Learning and career growth opportunities through conferences and training
We believe the diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions on hiring, promotion, development, compensation or advancement are based solely on a person’s qualifications, abilities, experience and performance.
Read more about your future colleagues in Leuven: Integration Consultant Simon Alen, Cloud & Integration Specialist Thomas Marcelis, Data Engineer & Team Lead Zoë Ehuhu, Integration Specialist Jeroen Wanten and Senior Data Architect Anaïs Renson.
Solita is a workplace, where you will always find a more knowledgeable multi-disciplinary peer to spar with. People join us to become a part of a diverse community of experienced professionals and continuous learners. And people stay for the same reason.
At Solita, everybody can feel comfortable to be themselves with all their perfections. We focus on changing the world, not people. Diversity in all forms is a strength, which we value highly. You will find an easy-going work culture, where you can be yourself.
All we have is in our people. We offer support for our people both in work and also when life happens. We care.
HOW TO APPLY
Tell us about yourself and your background in your own words. We want to hear from you and figure out together what works best for us both. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org on Sunday 13th of December at the latest.
There will be two rounds of interviews where you can meet your potential new team members. You will also be given the opportunity to prove your skills with a short assessment, and we will provide constructive feedback on the results.Apply here