Data Engineers to build modern, impactful data platforms
We are a dynamic team of 25+ friendly tech professionals in Belgium supported by 1000+ Solitans network working in the Nordics and Central Europe. We build data and integration solutions for our customers using whichever modern technology best suits their needs. The most important components in our data projects are cloud-based databases and different data storage methods, such as Snowflake and Amazon Redshift and S3, depending on the project. We develop data architecture based on software development practices and often using agile methods.
Our customers, usually large international corporations, come from various industries (telecom, retail, logistics, banking etc.). Read more about our work.
Read more about your future colleagues in Leuven: Integration Consultant Simon Alen, Cloud & Integration Specialist Thomas Marcelis, Data Engineer & Team Lead Zoë Ehuhu, Integration Specialist Jeroen Wanten, Data Trainee Hamid Khodayari and Senior Data Architect Anaïs Renson.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- To design and implement technical solutions that include, for example, data modeling and integrations, data warehousing and cloud-based data pipelines. Simply put, this means handling the entire flow from getting the business requirements, making the dashboards, changing the data models and writing the code or SQL statements.
- You can use your skills and vision to support the development of our customers’ business. If you wish, you can also work in pre-sales and participate in developing our working methods.
We’re looking for experienced individuals. It doesn’t matter if you don’t feel like a senior yet, we can help you become one.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- We appreciate it if your skillset includes some of the following: data modeling, data warehousing, databases (SQL/NoSQL) and ETL/ELT.
- You are able to, or willing to learn how to, handle data fluidly (parse, transfer, store, edit) and build data pipelines accordingly
- You have solid knowledge in at least one programming language – preferably in Python, R, Scala, or Java and knowledge of Agile software development principles.
- You have the technical expertise to personally execute the solutions you design. Here at Solita, our Data Engineers are working mostly on hands-on projects.
- Great analytical mindset with excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English and in one of the native languages: Dutch or French.
You will make us very happy if you also have a grasp of some data products in the cloud (e.g. Snowflake, Databricks, Semarchy) to meet the customer’s business needs. It’s a big advantage if you are familiar with software development or data ops practices, e.g. version control, CI/CD or data (warehouse) automation.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Challenging, impactful projects to work with
- Nordic work culture of trust, responsibility, and maximum freedom
- Individual benefit packages that suit your personal needs
- Learning and career growth opportunities
- An expert community of 1.000 colleagues across Europe that you can connect with
We believe the diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions on hiring, promotion, development, compensation or advancement are based solely on a person’s qualifications, abilities, experience, and performance.
INTERESTED TO HEAR MORE?
Tell us about yourself and your background in your own words. We want to hear from you and figure out together what works best for us both. Send your application to email@example.com.
There will be two rounds of interviews where you can meet your potential new team members. You will also be given the opportunity to prove your skills with a short assessment, and we will provide constructive feedback on the results.Apply here