Solita is a fast growing IT-Services company operating in the Nordics with over 700 highly skilled specialists. We have offices in Helsinki, Stockholm, Tallinn, Tampere, Oulu, Lahti and Turku and we work with large Nordic organizations. Among others our customers include brands like Salomon, Suunto, Fortum, Finnair, Vianor and numerous others. We are now looking for Data Engineers to our growing data team in Tallinn!
We develop software, build and maintain IT-systems and develop big data systems. We are heavy users of cloud technologies mainly from Amazon and Microsoft. Our company culture is very important for us and we value low hierarchy, independence and responsibility, impactful work, high technical skills and cool colleagues. Less meetings and e-mail and more chat and meetups.
Main tasks as a Data Engineer
- Building data warehouses and Big Data systems with our teams for our customers.
- Working 90-95% hands-on with configuration, integration, installation, scripting and 5-10% with designing architectures and explaining the solution to customers and team members.
What we expect from a good candidate
- You can map out architecture level solutions for both business decision-makers and the implementing experts in an understandable way
- You have strong experience in data warehousing, data modelling, ETL/data pipelines and relational databases
- You have the technical expertise to personally execute the solutions you design
- You apply your experience in digital solution development in your everyday work
- You share our values: independence and responsibility; less meetings, more chat; open and active communication; will to constantly learn new things and develop.
- Willingness to travel: For example, 1-2 day trips to Helsinki, Tampere or Stockholm every other week
- Fluent English is a must
What would also be beneficial
- Finnish or Swedish skills
- Experience of working with cloud services like AWS and Azure
- Will to promote your knowledge by writing blogs and presenting on meetups.
What Solita offers to you
- Impact: Possibility to work with systems that have hundreds of thousands of users, huge monetary impact or both
- New tech: Possibility to use new, fast developing IT technologies
- Work culture: Possibility to take responsibility and work in teams where you and the team decides – not the managers
- Variety: Possibility to work with diferent customers, systems and technologies
- Development and responsibility: Learn and use new tech and methods through our internal skill-communities, in projects and trainings.
- Benefits: Good Salary and benefits like extra health-insurance and Spordiselts
Please send us your CV or LinkedIN profile at firstname.lastname@example.org or from the webpage. Tell us what you are good at and what you dream about in the future.
- For more information about our jobs and work in Tallinn, contact the Head of our Tallinn operations Märt Ridala +372-5134 833 / email@example.com
- For more information about working at Solita or about our recruitment process, contact Jenni Kivikoski tel. +358 44-750 4441 / firstname.lastname@example.org