Data Engineers / Munich
Solita is a digital transformation company driven by data and human insight. We have implemented hundreds of data-driven solutions for large-scale companies and organizations and both automatized processes with the help of AI and Machine Learning and helped companies to create new data-based services. We have over 780 highly skilled specialists in the fields of software development, data, cloud and service design. We are now looking for Data Engineers to Munich!
As a Data Engineer you will build technical solutions that consist of data models, data integration, storage and cloud based data pipeline. You will work 90-95% hands-on with configuration, integration, installation, scripting and 5-10% with designing architectures and explaining the solution to customers and team members. You will sit at the same table with the top leadership of our customers, IT and business decision-makers and data experts and use your skills and vision to support the development of our customers’ business.
You will work together with a team in the hear of our Munich office and in the customer base. Your closest colleagues are working in data warehousing and data modelling, data science, machine learning , information management, integration, reporting, analysing, data visualising, master data, consulting and project management. Read more from our Munich team here.
What should you be like?
- We value interest and experience in cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Have experience in one or more of the following: data modelling, data warehousing, databases (SQL/NoSQL) and ETL/ELT. Experience in data warehouse automation in considered as a plus.
- Can build data pipelines in one of the following programming languages: Python, R or Java
- Are familiar with the software development practices such as version control and CI/CD
- Can implement data solutions for data experts and for business decision-makers
- Have an ability and motivation to learn quickly new technologies and methodologies
- You are located in Germany or are familiar with the local market.
- Fluent in German and working proficiency in English
Modern tools, interesting and challenging data projects and an outstanding work community
Data is one of Solita’s four areas of expertise. We have 185 data specialists in four countries, and our knowledge portfolio contains a variety of data-related specialisations involving data solutions in almost all technologies, both in the cloud and otherwise. In Solita, you will be part of a team that is courageous and passionate, but at the same time easy-going. We foster a culture of experimentation and autonomy. We strive to provide added value to our customers through our own innovative software product development, which is changing working methods in the industry. Our customers include Scania, Amer Sports, Assa Abloy, Atria, Ensto, Fazer, Finnair, Fortum and Metso. If you want to learn more about our Data community and projects, visit our data blog data.solita.fi.
Our technology stack in data projects varies from project to project but you see us working with technologies such as R, Python, Java, Clojure, Ansible, SQL, Jedox, Tableau, Birst, IBM, Informatica, Snowflake, AWS, Azure ja Google Cloud. You don’t have to know all the technologies but we hope that you are willing to learn new ones.
The typical length of a project varies from one month to a few years, and the situation can be altered according to your wishes. Our experts work in cells that specialise in certain customer relationships and specialised technologies, such as MS or AWS. Other cells include an IoT cell, a data science cell, an architecture development cell, and a planning cell. The number of people working in cells ranges from six to fourteen. We use modern agile methodologies and modern technologies in our projects. You will have an influence on how Solita develops as a company. Read more from our Data expertise area.
Interested joining our Munich team?
If you feel up to the challenge, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us briefly why you are interested in the Data Engineer position, along with your CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile.
- Find out more about working at Solita from our Head of Talent Acquisition Jenni on +358 44 750 4441, or email@example.com.
- If Solita sounds like a great place to work but this job doesn’t quite suit you, check out our other positions.