Business Designer / Finland
Are you an experienced Business Developer or Consultant, looking to do things with a new approach? Do you believe that building profitable businesses is only possible through creating customer value?
As a Business Designer you aim to create impact by looking at service development through business lenses. With Solita’s Design team, you design new business, models and strategy in collaboration with our clients’ business, consumers or service users. You are in a key role defining the business and project goals together with our clients.
You are an integral part of co-designing the services and business plans, and build the business logic and numbers into a working whole. Together with a multidisciplinary team (for example a designer, an ethnographer, a software developer and a data scientist) you make rapid experimentations to develop the service into a viable business. Read about our thoughts on business design and role of design in strategic management.
The Top 5 Skills We Are Looking For:
- You have gained hands-on business experience through leadership or development roles. Your experience is complemented by a degree for example in business, technology or design.
- You have no trouble in switching viewpoint from details to a bigger picture, from one subject matter to another. You are able to discuss with ease with different people from business executives to end users of a service.
- You have strong analytical skills and you master both quantitative and qualitative analyses. Your creativity helps you see the possibilities of data and your logic helps you to identify cause and effect relationships.
- You have experience in business consulting, analytics and/or business reporting. Understanding business logic and modeling using tools such as Excel or Palmu Business Simulator is natural for you.
- You are interested in understanding humans and their behaviours. You are curious and you have the courage and ability to think differently and challenge the status quo.
For current positions in Helsinki, Finnish language skills are a necessity. (Finnish is the business language for majority of our customers). Experience, vision and interest towards service design is seen as a significant advantage. Get acquainted with our Design Community and our way of thinking from our blog.
We’re building a better future for us all
Solita Design & Strategy is a multitalented community of over 140 strategy consultants, designers and business transformation makers, who are driven by human insights and behaviour. We work with both our Finnish and international customers in their spaces or our communal spaces in Helsinki, Stockholm, Göteborg, Tampere, Oulu and Tallinn. Together with the rest of Solita’s diverse technology experts, we show the direction in which services of the future are designed and built. Read more about our expertise.
Get in contact with a free-form application. The application period will close on the 10th of January, 2020. We will start interviews during the application period. All applicants will be notified of decision personally at the latest one week after the application period has closed.
Ask more from our Business Designers about our everyday work:
- Jaakko Luomaranta p. +35840 831 9388 Wed 4.12., 2-3 pm and Wed 11.12, 10-11 am
- Johannes Hirvonsalo p. +35840 577 0789