Apply to our Academy to become a Software Developer
Software Developers have a passion for solving problems in all areas of software development. In this position, you will have the opportunity to enjoy your work achievements in projects that may have significance for society at large.
What the position involves:
- You will solve problems and write beautiful code with your team and customers.
- You will design, develop and test various software and systems.
- You will use and learn to use suitable tools and methods.
What we value in applicants:
- Enthusiasm for coding
- Initiative and willingness to continuously develop yourself
- Courage to embrace new challenges
- Willingness to take responsibility for your own work and to work in a self-steering team
- Working life skills even if you do not yet have work experience in software development
What we also appreciate:
- You have developed your expertise through your own hobby or work projects (e.g. GitHub).
- You are interested in modern work methods, technologies and practices, and you keep yourself up to date about their latest developments
What we offer in return:
- A permanent position and a competitive salary
- Interesting and challenging projects
- A competent and friendly working community that will support you in the challenges you face at work
- A working environment that values freedom and responsibility and allows you to become a true expert in the field
- A workplace where you will always have a caring and competent colleague sitting next to you, who will help you in the challenges you face at work
We strongly believe that everything we have comes from our people . We invest in competence development in various ways, whether this is by sharing experiences through bulletins or more comprehensive training. We also support the well-being of our employees by offering them an extensive package of benefits for both work and leisure time. You can find out more about our everyday work on Instagram or Facebook.
We want to hear more about you. Tell us who you are and what you dream of. Send us your letter of motivation to email@example.com. You can write it in English or Finnish. You should also enclose, for example, a transcript of your completed studies as well as a link to your GitHub profile or any other evidence of your experience of activities related to this position. The deadline for applications is Friday 6 September 2019, and we will begin to interview applicants during the application period.
The Academy will start on Friday 1 November 2019 and will last until Christmas. During the Academy, we will organise training in our offices in Tampere and Helsinki, after which you will be assigned to one of these two offices. We will compensate you for the travel expenses between the cities, but if you arrive from elsewhere, we expect you to travel to the training location during and after the Academy. When the Academy begins, we will enter into a permanent employment relationship with you, which includes all the benefits we offer to all our employees. You will already get to know your new colleagues and your future project during the Academy, and you will have a mentors to guide you.
For more information about the Academy and the schedules, please contact Principal Jasmo Hiltula at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +358-50 499 9337 (from 5 to 23 August), or contact our Recruiting Expert Paulina Glozous at email@example.com or call +358-44 027 0053 (from 26 August to 6 September).
(PS If you are interested in applying for more than one position, you will only need to send us one application letter in which you mention all the positions that interest you. On the other hand, if you feel that none of the positions listed below suits you, you can always send us an open application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.)