Apply to our Academy to become a Data Engineer
As a Data Engineer at Solita, you will learn to build data platforms, implement data pipelines and process data in a way that enables our customers to improve their business with the help of data. We do not expect you to be a ready-made expert; we offer you the opportunity to learn about following areas of expertise based on your skills and interests:
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Databases (e.g. Snowflake, Redshift, SQL DB/DW, MySQL)
- Data modelling (e.g. conceptual modelling, DataVault, dimensional modelling)
- Data visualisation (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- Core data management, MDM (e.g. Semarchy, MDS)
- Programming expertise (e.g. SQL, Python, R)
- Continuous development models (e.g. DataOps, Continuous integration, DevOps)
In addition to technical expertise, Data Academy includes education about agile ways of working as well as consulting skills.
What the position involves:
- Using data to solve real-world problems
- Specifying, designing and implementing various data solutions based on customers’ needs
- The different areas of focus include data modelling, storing different kind of data, data integrations, data visualisations and cloud-based data pipelines.
What we value in applicants:
- Enthusiasm for data solutions
- Education related to the field (either formal or based more on the person’s interest and activity)
- Cooperative and interactive skills, ability to work in a team
- Willingness to jump on board and learn to become an expert in the field
- Readiness to travel between Solita’s offices, especially during the Academy
What we also appreciate:
- You are easy-going –you get on with yourself and others.
- You are curious about the world around you and eager to learn new things.
What we offer in return:
- A comprehensive training into working with data
- A permanent position and a competitive salary
- Truly interesting and challenging projects
- A competent and friendly working community that will support you in the challenges you face at work
- A working environment that values freedom and responsibility, and allows you to become a true expert in the field
- A workplace where you will always have a caring and competent colleague sitting next to you, who will help you in the challenges you face at work
We strongly believe that everything we have comes from our people. We invest in competence development in various ways, whether this is by sharing experiences through bulletins or more comprehensive training. We also support the well-being of our employees by offering them an extensive package of benefits for both work and leisure time. You can find out more about our everyday work on Instagram or Facebook.
We want to hear more about you. Tell us who you are and what you dream of. Then send us your letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should also enclose, for example, a transcript of your completed studies, a link to your GitHub profile or any other evidence of your experience of activities related to this position. The deadline for applications is Friday 6 September 2019, and we will begin to interview applicants during the application period.
The Academy will start on Friday 1 November 2019 and will last until Christmas. During the Academy, we organise training in all our offices in Finland: Helsinki, Tampere, Oulu and Turku. We will compensate you for travel expenses between the cities, but if you arrive from elsewhere, we expect you to travel to the training location during and after the Academy. When the Academy begins, we will enter into an employment relationship with you, and we hope that you will continue to work with us either full- or part-time after the Academy. You will already get to know your new colleagues and your future project during the Academy, and you will have a mentors to guide you.
For more information about the Academy and the schedules, please contact Principal Laura Keränen at email@example.com, or call +358 45 638 7799 (from 12 to 23 August), or contact our Recruiting Expert Paulina Glozous at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +358 44 027 0053 (from 26 August to 6 September).
(PS If you are interested in applying for more than one position, you will only need to send us one application letter in which you mention all the positions that interest you. On the other hand, if you feel that none of the positions listed below suits you, you can always send us an open application letter to email@example.com.)